Patrick Wilson, Matt Gerard and Kevin Weisman will no longer appear in Marvel’s Ant-Man.
The project has been in a state of flux after the abrupt exit of director Edgar Wright in May due to creative differences.
A source tells The Hollywood Reporter that the trio of actors, who were attached to Wright’s version, will no longer appear in the film. Wilson’s exit is due to scheduling conflicts.
Marvel, which will hit Hall H on Saturday, hired Peyton Reed to replace Wright in early June.
Paul Rudd is attached to star in the superhero project, with Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly also signed on.
The story will follow con man Scott Lang (Rudd), who has the ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength. He must embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
May 9th, 2014 Films Comments Off
New project for Patrick:
Patrick Wilson, Jessica Biel, Imogen Poots, and Toby Jones have signed on to star in The Blunderer.
The story, adapted from Patricia Highsmith’s novel of the same name, follows Walter Stackhouse (Patrick Wilson), a successful architect with a lovely wife (Jessica Biel) in the 1960s. While Walter appears to have the perfect life, he becomes obsessed with an unsolved murder case, which spirals out of control as he faces both a deadly killer (Toby Jones) and an ambitious detective, all while lusting for another woman (Imogen Poots).
Andy Goddard (Torchwood Declassified) is directing from an adapted screenplay by Susan Boyd, with Christine Vachon, David Hinojosa and Ted Hope producing, and Nick Meyer, Marc Schaberg and Kelly McCormick serving as executive producers. Sierra/Affinity is handling international sales at the Cannes Film Festival, with CAA overseeing domestic sales. Production is scheduled to begin later this year.
Patrick Wilson will next be seen in Stretch, The Man on Carrion Road and Ant-Man. Jessica Biel has The Truth About Emanuel and Nailed awaiting release. Imogen Poots starred in Need for Speed, and she has upcoming projects such as Filth, All Is by My Side and A Long Way Down coming out later this year. Toby Jones is coming off roles in Muppets Most Wanted and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
The Blunderer is in development and stars Patrick Wilson, Jessica Biel, Imogen Poots, Toby Jones. The film is directed by Andy Goddard.
February 27th, 2014 News Comments Off
Patrick Wilson will join the cast of the Edgar Wright-directed Ant-Man for Marvel Studios, I hear. The film stars Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas and Michael Pena. Not sure what role Wilson will play at this point. He is coming off two fright franchises The Conjuring and Insidious. Wilson is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content.
Great news! The Conjuring Sequel is coming next year. Set for October 23rd, 2015
New Line has set its “Conjuring” sequel for a pre-Halloween release on Oct. 23, 2015, with Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga returning to star.
The yet-to-be titled sequel, which does not have a director yet, is the first title to land on the date.
New Line scored a massive surprise hit last summer with James Wan’s supernatural thriller “The Conjuring,” which amassed about $320 million in worldwide box office on a $20 million budget.
New Line had already begun development of a sequel before the movie opened last July. Chief exec Toby Emmerich told Variety in December that “Conjuring 2” would tap a similar vein as the first film, which largely avoided conventional horror film ploy while exploring demonic possession.
“‘The Conjuring’ is incredibly effective and scary without the use of blood, gore and death,” he said at time. “It’s a horror film that emphasizes atmosphere and suspense in the tradition of classics like ‘Psycho’ or ‘The Others.’”
Set in Rhode Island in 1971, the story is based on the work of real-life paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren — portrayed by Wilson and Farmiga. Ron Livingston and Lili Taylor played the father and mother of the five Perron girls who were terrorized by the haunted house.
The team of Carey Hayes and Chad Hayes, who penned “The Conjuring,” came on board as writers for the sequel last summer. The brothers interviewed Lorraine Warren extensively as part of developing the script.
Warner Bros. had originally dated “The Conjuring” for Jan. 25 of last year but then decided to move it back to the summer as a result of the test screening results. Producers are Rob Cowan, Peter Safran and Tony DeRosa-Grund.
Emmerich has said Wan is expected to be involved in some capacity with the sequel.
New Line has already started filming “Annabelle,” a spin-off based on a possessed doll introduced in “The Conjuring.”
Hey everyone! I’ve added screen captures from The Conjuring. CREEPY MOVIE. It was a movie I skipped seeing in theaters because I’m not much of a fan of horror movies. But this one did scare the hell out of me! LOVED IT! And happy that a sequel may be in the works!
Enjoy the caps!
November 28th, 2013 News Comments Off
Patrick Wilson is set to star in the Atlas Independent and Relativity International drama “The Man on Carrion Road.”
He is replacing Timothy Olyphant, who had to leave the project due to scheduling conflicts with his FX show “Justified.”
Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego will direct and Nils Lyew is penned the script. Production starts March 2014.
The story revolves around a border town sheriff who must team with the retired lawman he replaced to investigate the source of a botched Mexican cartel deal in order to stop a mysterious cartel butcher and his systematic brutalization of the town’s residents.
William Green, Aaron Ginsburg, and Andy Horwitz of Atlas Independent will produce. MICA Entertainment is financing with Relativity International selling the picture overseas.
Wilson recently wrapped production on Universal’s “Stretch” and was most recently seen in FilmDistrict’s “Insidious: Chapter 2? and New Line’s “The Conjuring.” He is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content.
I’ve added five photos from Patrick at the 51st annual New York film festival! Patrick looks handsome as always! Check out the photos in the gallery.
Appearances & Events > 2013 > [x05] 51st Annual New York Film Festival – October 8th, 2013
The Conjuring is probably my favorite film from Patrick’s filmography so I’m happy to hear the team behind the original (minus one or two) are working on a second one!
Summer’s surprise horror hit “The Conjuring” has broken records for horror movies released in the summer. It has also reached a milestone, placing it among all-time horror hits.
The Blumhouse Production won the gamble for New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. Pictures. A horror movie in the summer is usually drowned out by the bigger action hits. “The Conjuring” bravely carves its own niche.
With that success, the sequel is already in play. Despite the departure of director James Wan, they have already embarked on further research work. In an interview with Den of Geek, lead star Patrick Wilson seems relates: “I mean we’re going to do a sequel to that. Yeah, Chad and Carey [Hayes] have come up…They said one about a case in London about two sisters that were possessed. I mean there are thousands of cases, so there may be more than one. I don’t know, I have not read a script.”